Vision

School of the Holy Spirit of Quezon City AFIRE WITH THE SPIRIT OF COMMUNION

Mission

We commit ourselves to build new generations of responsible citizens who are agents of change in our society through Christian and holistic formation

Goals

To live in the spirit of communion we:
Grow as active and committed witnesses to the love of the Triune God in words and deeds amidst global challenges
Respond to the needs of our poor and marginalized brothers and sisters in the spirit of Christ's mercy and compassion
Advocate Truth in Love and life-giving relationship with every member of the SHSQC community
Collaborate with our mission partners in providing Christian and Holistic Education
Exemplify care and respect for the integrity of creation through simplicity of lifestyle

 

History

German diocesan priest, Father Arnold Janssen established three congregations dedicated to the work of evangelization: in 1875, the Society of the Divine Word, commonly called the SVD; in 1889, the Missionary Sisters, Servants of the Holy Spirit, and in 1896, the Missionary Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit of Perpetual Adoration, commonly called the Pink Sisters. In 1912, the first S.Sp.S. came to the Philippines in Tayum, Abra, and later moved to Mendiola.

Holy Ghost College, at present College of the Holy Spirit, was founded in 1913 by the Missionary Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit upon the invitation of Archbishop Jeremias Harty. It was first housed on Legarda Street and has branches in other parts of the Philippines.

From 1979 to 1981, the School of the Holy Spirit of Quezon City was a satellite school of the College of the Holy Spirit of Manila. It was established in accordance with the government's plan of "decongesting educational institutions to expand to the outskirts of Metro Manila area or nearby provinces". The cornerstone of the school was laid at Capitol Hills near interim Batasang Pambansa on May 20, 1978.

In 1979 the school offered Kindergarten up to 1st year High School. A new high school building was ready for occupancy in June 1981. SHS QC now offers Nursery up to Senior High School.